Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Numero Uno

Falling into the 'b-logging' trap like a 'b-lumberjill' in a 'b-log rolling' competition after a 'b-...flashflood'.

.....

Hopefully the sexy, minimalist template I've chosen will lessen the dorkiness of that statement.

Anyway, I'm supposed to say what this is all about. But I don't know yet. Maybe a place to gain ad revinue (I just learned about AdSense... man Google is good for everything!) maybe a place to showcase all my soon to be wild & amazing travels, maybe just a WAY BETTER version of my livejournal with ACTUAL CONTENT instead of quizzes.

Anyway, things away from college have started feeling lonely. And no joke, I just got done having a conversation with my grandmother that went something like this.
G: Oh, things move so fast. I just hope the internet doesn't hurt people's social skills.
M: Well, there's no substitute for face to face communication, but actually the internet often works to bring people together.
M: blah blah ... "social networking sites" and [insert classic example "awkward rural teen finds community of accepting peers" here]

So in sum, whether it keeps me in touch with my old classmates or finds me making new friends, sharing is important. And this is just one new way to do it.

2 comments:

Karine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karine said...

OMG.... you're too cute! i love it. i'm convinced your neurotic psych-induced ramblings will probably end up being publishable someday. :)