Back from Penland area 'Toe river' pottery tour... some great stuff and dad bought quite a bit. Consequently, lots of liberal (& mid-upperclass, via dad) guilt to spread around. However, all the potters were really nice, so I was glad to support them if nothing else. Some wonderful work overall.. Nick Joerling's work (click here http://www1.akardesign.com/art/ceramics/joerling/joerling.htm for some older stuff) was by far the best, although we did skip one or two we knew were wonderful just due to time constraints. Penland School potters again came through with some amazing, new stuff (the two kids on the far right of this pic http://www.penland.org/resident/resprog.html). And the drive was absolutely beautiful, with all kinds of greens and mountain laurel blooming. Made me want to go camping bigtime!
Job search progressing (albeit slowly) as well.
Going to lunch with an old friend Monday-- should be fun to catch up :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Your Penland pottery tour sounds pretty cool. And as charming as tea lead might be to you, if I come accross any green gunpowder tea, I may hesitate before downing it.
PS - I'm happy you thought the beach pics were "badass" (due to the sunglasses?)... and I'm impressed you actually browsed enough pics to find those!
Post a Comment