Saturday, June 16, 2007

Friends/Dream2

First of all, tonight I am missing my friends in NOVA. I hope they were able to meet up and hang out this evening. I know we will all miss those of us leaving for Peace Corps and I wish I were up there with all of them tonight.
Second, Something is EATING THE BERRIES!!! AAAAAAUGH!!!! I don't know what it is, but it doesn't leave much of a trail. It appears only the perfectly ripe ones have been gently plucked off, which is why it has seemed like they are 'just about ready' for four days or so now. Grandma suspects birds, Dad suspects (read: really, really thinks it'd be cool if it was) the yet-to-be-named species "Botetourt Berry Bats" that live in our Barn. He was sad when I attempted to pop his alliterative illusion bubble, but it proved to be stubborn and he says he still suspects bats, "they're the only creatures agile enough to swoop in, hover, and snatch those berries... can't you just see them swooping in??? ::enthusiastic hand-diving gestures, combined with pinching motion:: I bet they ripen overnight, and the bats use their sonar to find the ripe ones before morning. That's why we never see them!"
Speaking of dads, I had a scary dream where Dad found out about this blog. Not only did he read everything I'd written, but he somehow had access to all my outgoing email for the past year. Terrifying to say the least. When I freaked out, he tried to comfort me saying that now he "knew me better, all the little details and things that are important," but I still felt understandably exposed. Not sure what to make of that one, other than my ACTUAL fear that dad/parents will find the things I have on the internet (this blog, facebook, now defunct LJ, etc.) Maybe there is some other information or expression I'm keeping from them I haven't been paying attention to.
And anyway, father's day is tomorrow. I'm going to make him dinner, and I need to send my Grandfather an e-card ::note to self.:: Tonight I used a large wooden fabric stamp to create custom wrapping paper for the pitiful gift I got/have had for him; some old pink panther cartoons on DVD and a Virginia Wines picture book of sorts. A grand total of eleven or twelve dollars. Anyway, I am going to spend the day with him, and make breakfast. Hambiscuits and eggs, anyone?

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Yay! a fellow dreamblogger:
http://cukitzasdreams.blogspot.com/