Thursday, July 24, 2008

whiskers on kittens and smelly attic rooms

so things are going relatively well with my new apartment. This will be a brief update, since I can't seem to get to sleep this week no matter how exhausted I am. I have assessed the room-space, and it is good. I have assessed the roomate, and the verdict is out, mostly because she's as awkward as I am. I think things will be fine but I am just nervous about it. Frankly I am way too relaxed about things and THAT is making me a little uncomfortable. I feel like this space is mine already and I don't want to like, overstep my bounds. Also, the other day I was talking to my parents on the phone and left my door open, and I found today that the sound carries really well so she could have heard the whole conversation. Today I am anxious because I have not seen her... at ALL... and I am pretty damn sure she was here when I knocked on her door to see if she wanted to go on a walk, but she didn't answer. Maybe she was meditating or napping or something. She did get back late last night... I can hear her moving around down there. I hope I didn't keep her up or something/I hope she'd tell me if I did rather than ignore me.
I have also just this afternoon assessed the neighborhood, on foot, and it is excellent. The yard is currently fair, but gets a 'good' rating because I can do all kinds of gardeney maintenance in it since the roommate holds no interest in these things.
The roommate also bought a new AC for my attic space since it is so hot up here with the tiny 99$ type unit that is in here. It was super hot outside (90+) when I first moved in though and has not been nearly as bad since. I have the windows open right now.
Also, I've touched base with an old high school friend of mine who lives really close to here. I am looking forward to seeing him again.
I don't know if I mentioned but I now live near a ghetto-food-lion and this of course pleases me greatly. I missed the one in Cville so much. However, the Lion-brand cheese bags are now over 7$!!!!!! can you believe that shit???? it used to be 5 something. I had my traditional nacho meal tonight for dinner and it was satisfying but a bit bittersweet with all the memories these nachos have for me. It would have been more so if I'd bought a giant bottle of Pace Medium Salsa.
...god if you didn't know what that meant that last bit would sound really weird...
Well, much love to all, and I'll be in touch.
aside:
Still looking at campgrounds... I think Montebello Camping and Fishing Resort is a promising one... it has woods camping so there would be a bit more privacy. I prefer not to be next to people in a big field.

No comments: